With the recent introduction of the Girls and Womens Tackle Competition local clubs are hoping to grow the number of teams each year.
Teams involved in past seasons had great success with the NRL and Sharks supporting the development of this competition. Touch base with your local club today to register your interest.
The competition for Open Women’s tackle are played under the same International Laws of Rugby League as the JRL seniors (U15+). More information can be found below or click here.
Rule guidelines for U14’s, U16’s and U18’s (Girls 9 A Side)
Subject to the modifications below for the U14s, 16s and 18s Girls & Womens competition, matches will be played under the International Laws of Rugby League – which is the same rules as the U15+ in the JRL competitions.
- Maximum of 20 registered players
- Teams will consist of 20 players per game, with no more than nine players on the field at any one time. Unlimited interchange may take place during the course of the match.
- A minimum of seven (7) players are required to take the field for a team before the match will commence.
- 5 players only will form scrums (All scrums are to be DE-POWERED, as per the SafePlay Code) a) Scrums will only be formed in the event of a mutual infringement or double knock-on
- After any points have been scored play will restart with a kick-off to the scoring team at the centre of the half way line
- Match Duration: 2 x 20 minute Halves
- Periods of temporary suspension (sin bin) will be for five minutes duration. Any periods of temporary suspension expires at the end of the game
- The U14 Girls Competition, being 9-a-side for a younger age group, will be played on a field 100m long by 48m wide (the 10m line from the sideline of a standard International Rugby League field)